Also from yesterday’s inbox…
EDEN 2016 Annual Conference: #EDEN16
Budapest, 14-17 June 2016
“We should focus in the short term more on MOOCs than on OER.”
A special Oxford-Style Debate session will be held about the above statement of the standing of MOOCs and business models of openness. Debaters will be Paul Bacsich (Coordinator, Open Education Working Group, and Senior Consultant, SeroHE) and Stavros Panagiotis Xanthopoylos (Board member of Open Education Consortium, Vice-President of the Brazilian Distance Education Association – ABED). The debate will take place on Thursday, 16 June, after the lunch break.
Supporting students and young scholars
For young scholars, full time students and PhD students (under 35 years) a special discounted fee of €200 is offered. To request admission as a student, please send a short ‘motivation’ letter to the Conference Secretariat at email@example.com with evidence of your student status and age.
We are also offering a support scheme to young scholars again. Two young researchers‘ attendance at the Conference will be supported with €600 each. The colleagues awarded should have a submission (paper or poster) accepted for presentation at the Conference. If you wish to apply for the Young Scholars Support, please, indicate your interest by 8 May, 2016.
Sneak peek at conference trainings and workshops
Here are some highlights from accepted trainings and workshops that you will be able to participate in:
Sharing achievements across the web with Open Badges: how to design a badge of value
Gráinne Hamilton – DigitalMe, Programme Director HE / Adult Learning
Effective Interactive Webinars: Methods to facilitate learning in open collaborative learning environments: A toolbook for practitioners/facilitators
Torhild Slaatto – Fleksibel utdanning Norge (Flexible Education Norway)
Social Media for Teaching and Learning
Prof. Dr. Yasemin Gülbahar – Ankara University
Is lurking working?
Jørgen Grubbe – Chair of Danish Association for Flexible Learning FLUID
Animation creation as a learning tool
Kriszta Mihalyi – University of Pecs Hungary, PhD candidate
ABC Rapid Blended Course Design for Educators
Clive Young, Nataša Perović – University College London (UCL)
Meet our keynotes
- Tony Bates, Contact North | Contact Nord Research Associate
- Lesley Wilson, European University Association, Secretary General
- António Teixeira, President of EDEN
- Yves Punie, Senior scientist at the European Commission Institute for Prospective Technological Studies (IPTS)
- Michael G. Moore, Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Education The Pennsylvania State University USA
- Danny Arati, Intel, former Education Manager, Europe
- Melissa Highton, Director of the Learning, Teaching and Web Services Division, University of Edinburgh
- Cristóbal Cobo, Research Fellow, Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford
- Susan Aldridge, Senior Vice President for Online Learning and President of Drexel University Online
- Paul Bacsich, Coordinator, Open Education Working Group, and Senior Consultant, SeroHE
- Stavros Panagiotis Xanthopoylos, Board member of Open Education Consortium and Vice-President of the Brazilian Distance Education Association – ABED
- János Józsa, Rector of the Budapest University of Technology and Economics
Preliminary programme structure updated
The Conference programme includes plenaries, parallel sessions with paper presentations, workshops, short training courses, moderated poster, demo sessions and synergy strand. The event starts on Tuesday afternoon on 14 June, with registration, followed by the Welcome Reception and ends with a Farewell Coffee on 17 June.
The programme structure can be seen here.
Plenary sessions will be streamed online and open to comment on social media.
Registration is open
The EDEN Secretariat is taking care of the registration for the Annual Conference. Please visit the Online Registration Form to join the event.
Schedule and Deadlines
Paper Submission closed
In case of eventual last minute submissions you may check possibilities with the EDEN Secretariat.
Registration Open until 5 June 2016
Conference Dates: 14-17 June 2016
For any conference related questions, including conference services for corporations, please contact the Conference Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The EDEN 2016 Annual Conference is the initiative of EDEN supported by the ERASMUS+ Programme of the European Union. The publications reflect the authors’ views, the EACEA and the European Commission are not responsible for any use that may be made of the information they contain.
EDEN-News mailing list