From Monday’s inbox…
Having problems in reading this e-mail? Click here
EDEN Open Classroom Conference in Aalborg
Call for submission extended deadline: 30 September
17-20 November 2015, Aalborg, Denmark
Organised in collaboration with: The Aalborg University
D4Learning 2015: International Conference on Innovations with Digital Learning for Inclusion (D4L)
Final Submission Round is open until: 30 September 2015
The second EDEN Open Classroom Conference during this autumn, will take place in Aalborg, organised in collaboration with The Aalborg University.
The D4L Conference serves as a forum for the discussion and exchange of information on the research, development, and applications on all topics related to the use of digital technology for inclusion, e.g:
- New digital/educational practices;
- New digital/educational environments;
- New and innovative educational strategies;
- Design of teaching/learning for inclusion;
- Institutional policies with respect to the challenge of inclusion.
We invite you to attend D4L and submit proposals for papers, panels, roundtables, tutorials, workshops, posters/demonstrations and corporate showcases/demos.
The tradition of EDEN Best Research Paper Award will be continued at the conference.
The proceedings will be published by Aalborg University Press.
EDEN Open Classroom Conference in Athens
18-21 September 2015, Athens, Greece
Organised in collaboration with: Ellinogermaniki Agogi
Transforming Schools into Innovative Learning Organisations
Registration is still open!
Open Discovery Space, DigiSkills and GreeNET will utilize their teacher communities and resources in the interest of a professional event, offering free training opportunities and promoting their best teaching practices.
The language of the Event is English.
There are still free places – Register now!
The delegates will have access to all conference facilities, the printed ISBN-identified Conference Proceedings, the Welcome Reception (18 September), all lunches and refreshments during the 3 days (19-21 September) of the conference.
The registration is open until 15 September.
Registered delegates’ hotel arrangement and conference venue transfer is supported by Nikaia Travel & Tourism Agency. Please, use this form to obtain assistance in your hotel arrangement.
Ellinogermaniki Agogi S.A.
Platanou 3, Pallini 153 51, Greece
Be Inspired by the Excellent Keynote Speakers
- Dr. Sotirios Glavas, President of the Greek Institute of Educational Policy, Greece
- Prof. António Teixeira, EDEN President, Universidade Aberta, Portugal
- Prof. Demetrios G Sampson, Senior and Golden Core Member IEEE, Professor of Digital Systems in Learning and Education, University of Piraeus, Greece
- Dr. Nelly Arvaniti, School counsellor for Physical Education in Eastern Attica, Greece
- Rosa Doran, NUCLIO / GHOU / Portuguese Astronomical Society, Portugal
Developing Effective Teachers Communities
- Prof. Dr Franz Bogner, Head of Department, Didactics of Biology, University of Bayreuth, Germany
- Prof. John Garofalakis, Computer Technology Institute and Press “Diophantus”, Greece
Enhancing Teachers’ Digital Skills
Pick your Favourite Training Activities
To celebrate and multiply the impact of some of the hosting projects’ most successful activities, the conference will highlight an impressive spectrum of different open schooling and teacher training initiatives and accomplishments.
- Green Ideas 2015 – Facilitating communities in green education
- Designing for Learning and Inclusion: Universal Design for Learning in action
- The “Big Ideas of Science” as means to promote multidisciplinary science activities. – Showing our students the Bigger Picture through a federation of online labs.
- How to apply for an Erasmus+ KA1 Grant
- Fighting against bullying and discrimination; awareness techniques & planning of an effective strategy
- Using Open Badge packs to support teaching across the curriculum
- ProsocialLearn: introduction to prosociality & prosocial learning games
- Social Media for Teaching and Learning
A Complex Programme Ensures Valuable Experience
The programme starts already on Friday afternoon. After theregistration, participants are invited to get inspired for the event by the first keynote speakers’ session followed by a Welcome Reception.
On Saturday, 15 innovative teachers will present their work to the conference audience about a wide variety of subject from physics through safe internet use to supporting green careers.
During the weekend, delegates can choose to participate in varioustraining events (as you can see above).
The programme also includes Scholarly Contributions, giving the floor to academics and professionals to present their research and validated practices.
The detailed programme of the event will be available during this weekhere.
The Fun Part: Social Events
Visit to the Acropolis Museum
We are organising a visit to Acropolis Museum on 20 September,Sunday evening, before the Conference Dinner. The tour includes the transfer (by charter bus) at 17:00hrs from Ellinogermaniki Agogi (Conference venue) and 2 hours guided tour to the Acropolis Museumby a professional licensed guide. Please register here in case you are interested to participate (cost: 35 EUR/person).
The social dinner will take place on Sunday 20 September at 20:30after the tour to Acropolis museum at a traditional tavern in the Plaka area, in walking distance from Acropolis. Buses will take participants back to their hotels after dinner. Please register here in case you are interested to participate (cost: 35 EUR/person).
Conference dinner in a traditional Greek restaurant
For more information about the upcoming EDEN-related conferences, please visit the EDEN website.
Like us on
Follow us on
EDEN-News mailing list