Also from late last week…
Canadian e-Learning Network
November 12, 2015
Thanks for signing up for the Canadian eLearning Network’s newsletter, and welcome to our new newsletter format. We are using SendPress from our WordPress website for the first time. We would appreciate any constructive comments you have that would help us optimize this for you. Please email info@CANeLearn.net or reply to this email. Invite others to sign up for our newsletter here.
In the news…
Mark your calendars – Webinar Wednesdays launches next week with a presentation on disruptive innovation from iNACOL 2014 Innovative Program of the Year Navigate. Scroll down for more information or check out our Online Webinars page here, or our Google PD Calendar here.
Website – We have migrated from our original Moodle site to WordPress. On the site you will find numerous blog posts about activities and events (http://canelearn.net/blog-2/). Some are featured below, but all are searchable on the site. See what activity you might have been missing!
Twitter – We have been using the hashtag #CANeLearn to stream specific items of interest to members. Join the conversation!
- July 2015 Halifax Summer Symposium – The Canadian eLearning Network extended an open invitation to anyone interested in blended and online learning to attend a pan-Canadian discussion about increasing flexible learning through blended and online learning environments.
The two-day event, hosted by Nova Scotia Department of Education and Early Childhood Development and the Nova Scotia Virtual School, was designed to focus on networking, informing and sharing. Read more here…
- blendED2015 Alberta – The first ever blended and online learning symposium was held in Edmonton October 25-27. Over 200 educators from Alberta and across Canada spent two and a half days sharing and discussing strategies that engage learners online, whether they are based in classrooms or online at a distance.
Dr. Valerie Irvine, uVictoria, and a panel that included Dr. Phil McRae, ATA and Dr. Cathy Cavanaugh, Microsoft, set the stage for the Monday opening, and Dr. Irvine brought the discussion together with an excellent Storify compilation of the dialogue here.
Check out their presentations on State of the Nation: K-12 Online Learning in Canada and Flexible Learning Western Style on our blog site.
Online PD – Webinar Wednesdays
- We are launching our online Webinar Wednesdays series next week with Jeff Stewart and Marieke Holtkamp presentating on disruptive innovation at Navigate, the iNACOL 2014 Innovative Program of the Year award winner.
- Other webinar and PD events, including URL/locations, can be found on our Online Webinars page here or our Google PD Calendar here.
2015 iNACOL Award Nominees
- Four outstanding programs and educators were recognized by the Canadian eLearning Network (CANeLearn) as nominees for one of four innovation awards presented by iNACOL (International Association for K-12 Online Learninghttp://www.inacol.org/about/awards/). The iNACOL Innovator Awards recognize learning practices, new research and individual achievements in the field of blended and online learning. CANeLearn nominees were: CJ MacKinnon-Scott from TLA Online, Elizabeth Murphy (researcher), Alison Slack (OeLC), and the Nova Scotia Virtual School. Read more here…
CANeLearn 2015-16 Board of Directors
- The September 15 AGM welcomed the following new directors to the Canadian eLearning Board: Todd Pottle (ON), Allison MacDonald (MB), and Bruce Weitzel (BC). Returning board members are Laurel Beaton (AB), Kevin Wttewaall (AB), Greg Bitgood (BC), Michael Canuel (QC), Terri Reid (AB), and Sue Taylor-Foley (NS).
Questions? Email info@CANeLearn.net
Thanks for being a part of our network!