Another item from Thursday’s inbox… Not sure if any of the K-12 practitioners out there may be interested in giving this a shot.
Invitation to the first Online International Learning Design Challenge
led by Professor Diana Laurillard, London Knowledge Lab, Institute of Education
10 – 14 February 2014
Can we build a library of One Hundred Learning Designs that are effective, shareable, and editable, in just five days, using a dedicated online tool – the Learning Designer at http://tinyurl.com/LearningDesignerApp and http://tinyurl.com/learningdesigner.
- This is free event is organised in the form of a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC)
- 10 February 1pm GMT: Launch of the event with a live 3-minute video of Diana Laurillard (http://youtu.be/ZKKM5islcns) introducing the Learning Designer tool and the reasons for the Challenge. Includes live tutorial by Diana that will be available to all online.
Questions and comments from the audience worldwide via Twitter #LDChallenge
- 11-14 February, 1 hour per day: You take up the Challenge in the online activities
- 14 February, 2pm GMT: Wrap-up live to award badges for contributions and announce the highest rated designs
What is the Challenge?
We have set three learning design challenges for current and future teaching and learning, for any sector or subject area:
1. Improving the online group discussion learning experience
2. Scaling up assessment
3. Cross-curriculum activities
You can choose to tackle one of these by creating and sharing a learning design likely to achieve that target
Contribute your own learning design challenge that other participants could help with.
There will be a standard rubric for evaluating the designs contributed, to which you can add your own criterion.
What will you get out of the design challenge?
1. Free CPD
2. Collaborating with others on a learning design challenge that is useful to you
3. Learning from your peers while contributing to changing and reshaping education that has international potential
4. Experimenting with a new learning design tool
5. Contributing to international community knowledge about teaching with technology
6. Being part of a MOOC
How to contribute
Sign up on our website: http://tinyurl.com/internationaldesignchallenge
You can signup directly for the challenge: http://www.coursesites.com/s/_LDC
Become a local Learning Designs Champion to help us promote the Challenge in your own teaching community, by emailing us on email@example.com.
Learning Designer team: Patricia Charlton, Dionisis Dimakopoulos, Bernard Horan, Eileen Kennedy, Diana Laurillard (IOE), Joanna Wild (Oxford)
Send for :Professor Diana LaurillardLondon Knowledge Lab23-29 Emerald StLondonWC1N 3QS
Work: (+44) 020 7763 2162Mobile: 07789111965