Note that this webinar may be of interest to some…
The AECT Research & Theory Division would like to invite you to join us for this FREE professional development webinar.
Research to Make a Difference
Dr. Charles Reigeluth,
Instructional Systems Technology,
Indiana University Bloomington (http://www.reigeluth.net)
Time & Date:
2:00pm (EST), Wednesday, April 5, 2017
Could you improve the kinds of research you are doing? Your chances of getting published? Your impact on the real world?
Dr. Reigeluth will discuss a variety of topics that may help you to answer these questions, which may be crucial to the success of your career.
- Different purposes for your research (e.g., to improve practice or to advance theory),
- Different kinds of knowledge you may want to produce for each purpose (descriptive theory or design theory) and the appropriate forms of such knowledge (e.g., conditional and probabilistic),
- Different kinds of research methods for producing each kind of knowledge (research to prove or research to improve – confirmatory or exploratory),
- When in the history of a given focus area each kind of research method is most useful,
- Different methodological issues for each kind of research (e.g., validity or preferability),
- Specific methods you might find helpful (e.g., design-based research, formative research, grounded theory development).
This discussion will focus on highly practical issues for improving the research you do – ones that you likely have not encountered in research courses or projects.
Questions: Contact Feng-Ru Sheu, Webinar coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enilda Romero-Hall, Ph.D.