7otice about this first Canadian eLearning Network (CANeLearn) symposium.
I invite you to share this with your colleagues either by forwarding the email or by printing it and posting it in your common area.
Educational Services Support Manager
Open School BC
Education resources and services
250 356-9456 FAX:250 356-6036
Toll Free 1-888-883-4766
Visit us online at: www.openschool.bc.ca
You can also follow us on Twitter: @_osbc
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OpenSchoolBCSubject: 2017 Symposium / DL Conference: Meet the Speakers!
2017 Symposium: April 5 – 7, 2017 – Vancouver, British Columbia
Michael Furdyk – Featured KeynoteHow young people can change the world by getting online TakingITGlobal.org<http://www.tigweb.org/about/>
* Michael has appeared on Oprah, presented at TED, and was named one of Teen People’s “Twenty Teens that will Change the World”
* Keynoted over 100 events sharing his passion for youth engagement & educational reform
* Student Panel moderated by Michael follows his keynote
TakingITGlobal – Video overview https://youtu.be/4PXJ-lbfvSE
How it all began – https://youtu.be/RweSgKPs1cI
Symposium Main Program details here<https://2017symposium.sched.com/> // Pre-conference details here<https://2017presymposium.sched.com/>
Register here<http://canelearn.net/symposium/symposium-registration/> – Late fee applies after Feb.28!
Friday Keynote: Suzanne Hoffman – BC Ministry of Education
Closing Keynote: Remi Kalir CU Denver & Remi(x) Learning<http://remikalir.com/bio/>
* Technology, equity and learning
* Design thinking for blended boundaries
* Dr. Sean Lessard – redefining Indigenous learner engagement
* Zoe Branigan-Pipe – Makerspaces & Learning Spaces
* Fine Arts eCademy (Navigate) – blending classroom boundaries
* François Guité – technological & social forces shaping schools
April 5 (Mini Symposium) – Wednesday 1:00 to 5:00 pm – Only $15 daily parking!
View the program schedule here http://2017presymposium.sched.com/
April 6/7 Symposium – Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm; Friday 8:00 am to 2:30 pm
View the program schedule here http://2017symposium.sched.com/
Click Here for Info or to Register<http://canelearn.net/symposium/>
Help us get the word out! Please forward this email and/or the one-page PDF attached!
L_OSBC_Announce mailing list