Also from Thursday’s inbox…
The latest news and updates from the REL Southeast
at Florida State University
View this email in your browser
Greetings from the Regional Educational Laboratory Southeast!We are pleased to announce that we will be hosting a webinar focusing on probability and statistics for middle school teachers in mid-June. More details may be found in this message.We look forward to delivering additional insightful, research-based products and resources in the future, and as always, thank you for helping to improve education in the Southeast.
Barbara Foorman, Ph.D.
Director, REL Southeast
Contact UsREL Southeast at Florida State University
http://rel-se.fsu.edu2010 Levy Avenue, Suite 100Tallahassee, FL 32310
Probability and Statistics for Middle School Teachers
Wednesday, June 15, 2016
12:30 – 4:30 PM ET
Dr. Tim Jacobbe
Associate Professor, Mathematics Education Coordinator
University of Florida
- increase their content knowledge related to key concepts and ideas in statistics;
- learn about statistical concepts and their relationship to Florida State Standards;
- model sample problems; and
- be provided with sample student assessment items and resources.
Who should attend this event:
- teachers of mathematics (elementary, middle school, and high school);
- mathematics curriculum specialists;
- math coaches; and
- district and school based leadership.
This Director’s Email was developed by REL Southeast under Contract ED-IES-12-C-0011 from the U.S. Department of Education, Institute of Education Sciences. The content does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of IES or the U.S. Department of Education, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. government.