From Friday’s inbox…
ICDE Newsletter – 18 May 2016
Register today for the 2016 ICDE Presidents’ Summit (20-23 November, 2016, Sydney, Australia)
The 2016 ICDE Presidents’ Summit, hosted by Charles Sturt University, will be held 20-23 November 2016 at Cronulla Beach near Sydney, Australia. The 2016 ICDE Presidents’ Summit entitled ‘A New Era of Leadership and Quality: The Business of Open and Distance Learning 2020’ will focus on new trends in executive leadership, changing paradigms, and innovative approaches for distributed leadership and management practice.
The Summit theme will focus on sharing creative and innovative new approaches to leadership, continuous quality improvement and new regional, national and global partnership models. The broader goal of the 2016 President’ Summit is to empower leaders to take a critical look at their own leadership approaches and tap the input from fellow delegates in reformulating their leadership 2020 strategy.
For more information and to register click here…
Latest issue of Open Praxis online: Vol 8, No 2 (2016)
Open Praxis, ICDE’s peer-reviewed open access scholarly journal focusing on research and innovation in open, distance and flexible education, has released its latest issue and first issue for 2016. This issue of Open Praxis compiles selected papers presented at the Open Education Consortium Global Conference, held in Krakow (Poland) on April 12-14, 2016. Read the journalhere…
Register now for the following ICDE Webinars:
Webinar on SciPro: Thursday 26 May, 15:00 (Oslo time)
SciPro (Scientific Process) is an IT support system for management and supervision of theses at bachelor, master and PhD education levels. It can manage theses at a whole university, fulfilling administrators’, supervisors’ and students’ needs during the whole process from start to finish. Henrik Hansson associate professor at Stockholm University, ICDE member, will conduct a webinar about SciPro on Thursday 26th May at 15.00 (Oslo time), explaining concepts, provide demo and answer questions. Register here!
Webinar on publication of “Teaching Science Online”: Tuesday June 21, 15:00 (Oslo time)
This book presents the guidance of expert science educators from the US and from around the globe. They describe key concepts, delivery modes and emerging technologies, and offer models of practice. The book places particular emphasis on experimentation, lab and field work as they are fundamentally part of the education in most scientific disciplines. For more information and to register here!
Call for interest – 28th ICDE World Conference 2019
The International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE) is pleased to announce a Call for interest for the 28th ICDE World Conference scheduled for 2019 and asks member institutions to submit declarations of interest for hosting this conference. More information…
Mark your calendar and sign-up today: ICDE 2017 World Conference
The ICDE 2017 World Conference on Online, Open and Flexible Learning will convene in Toronto Canada: October 17 -19 October and will be hosted & organised by Contact North | Contact Nord.To recieve updates and information visit www.contactnorth.ca/icde2017.
The 2017 ICDE Presidents’ Summit will be held from the 15-16 October. More information will be available shortly.
ICDE Chairs in Open Educational Resources – call for proposals
ICDE is considering the extension of the network of ICDE Chairs in Open Educational Resources (OER). The network, where possible, works in collaboration with UNESCO and existing UNESCO Chairs in OER. For more information click here…
ICDE EVENTS – SAVE THE DATES!
- 2016 Presidents’ Summit: 20-23 November 2016, Sydney, Australia
- ICDE International Conference, 10-11 March, 2017, Pune, India
- 2017 Presidents’ Summit 15-16 October, 2017, Toronto, Canada
- 27TH ICDE World Conference, 17-19 October, 2017, Toronto, Canada
ICDE Member and Partner News and Events
Call for nominations: Wenhui (文晖) Award for Educational Innovation 2016 “Innovative Partnerships for Quality Inclusive Education”
ICDE members who are interested in the UNESCO call for nominations for 2016 Wenhui (文晖) Award for Educational Innovation 2016 can submit applications to ICDE before 27 June 2016. As an official partner to UNESCO, ICDE is eligible to submit nominations for the Wenhui (文晖) Award for Educational Innovation. More information…
Athabasca University’s new publication: Learning in virtual Worlds
ICDE member Athabasca University has released a new book in April called: “Learning in Virtual Worlds: Research and Applications”. The book is edited by Sue Gregory, Mark J.W. Lee, Barney Dalgarno, and Belinda Tynan (ICDE Executive Committee member). More information…
Universitas Terbuka: The Ideal Education Institution for Professionals
Since 1984, UT has been providing open and distance higher education for Indonesian citizens and foreigners. Everyone has the same opportunity to continue their education, regardless of the profession, age, and place of living. Orginal version in Indonesian here. For translation to English click here.
Register for UNESCO-UNIR ICT & Education Latam Congress 2016: an opportunity to boost Educational Technology research
UNESCO-UNIR ICT & Education Latam Congress 2016 is born with the drive of: “Integration of formal and informal contexts, for a better learning and a better teaching”. UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education (IITE,Moscow, Russia), Universidad Internacional de La Rioja (UNIR Research, Spain) and UNESCO Chair on eLearning at UNIR are the organizers of this event to be held in Bogota, Colombia, from June, 22nd to 24th, 2016. More information…
Reports, Resources and Projects
Open Educational Resources: Policy, Costs and Transformation
UNESCO and Commonwealth of Learning have worked with several governments and educational
institutions since the OER Paris Declaration to promote the use and adoption of appropriate OER policies and practices. In this publication the editors have identified 15 case studies that document the developments since the 2012 Paris Declaration on OER from the lens of policy, costs and transformation. While national policy development and adoption have been modest, the case studies show the preliminary successes and pitfalls in changing mindsets from a copyright-only regime to a more flexible and open licence practice. More information…
EDUCAUSE: The Hidden Treasures Found with Change Leadership Training
Ana Borray, Director of IPASS Implementation Services EDUCAUSE, provides her insights into change in leadership training. More information…
EDUCAUSE: Down the Rabbit Hole? 3 Key Takeaways for Higher Ed Business Models
Holly E. Morris, Director of Postsecondary Model Development and Adoption, NGLC gives you some key takeaways for higher education. More information…
- What makes Distance Education so popular among the students and teachers
- HRD ministry asked to push distance learning bill
- Distance education and e-courses for police to train state cops online
- Online open courses would enhance quality of education: IGNOU professor
- The benefits of distance learning
- UGC writes to states over deteriorating standards of some distance learning programmes
- The University of New England has switched on a new AARNet gigabit fibre connection between its main Armidale campus and its study centre in Taree, NSW
- New online learning system provides Arabs access to world-class education
- MOOCs shake up online education
- What Employers Think of Your Online MBA Degree
- NDA government to announce new education policy before May 26: Smriti Irani
To stay updated on international news on open, online, distance education keep an eye on the ICDE news page.
- eLearning Africa 2016 – Making Vision Reality (24.5.2016 – 26.5.2016. Cairo, Egypt)
- GlobalMindED 2016 (9.6.2016 – 10.6.2016. Denver, Colorado)
- EDEN 2016 Annual Conference – #eden16 (14.6.2016 – 17.6.2016. Budapest, Hungary)
- EdTechXEurope 2016 (15.6.2016 -16.6.2016, London, UK)
- IITE UNIR 2016 Conference (22.214.171.1246 – 24.6.2016. Bogota, Colombia)
- GUIDE Conference, E-Learning 2016: New Strategies and Trends (22.6.2016 – 4.6.2016. Madrid, Spain)
- Global Ethics Forum 2016 (23.6.2016 – 25.6.2016. Geneva, Switzerland)
- ACODE: 2nd Inter-Institutional Benchmarking Summit (27.6.2016 – 29.6.2016. Canberra, Australia)
- 2016 – 3rd International Conference of the AVU (6.7.2016 – 08.7.2016. Nairobi, Kenya)
- ETWC 2016: Educational Technology to Improve Quality and Access of Education for Prosperous Society ( 31.7.2016 – 3.8.2016. Bali, Indonesia)
- 28th Annual EAIE Conference and Exhibition (13.9.2016 – 16.9.2016. Liverpool, UK)
- LangOER Conference ( 26.9.2016 – 27.9.2016. Brussels, Belgium)
- EdTech Sweden (20.10.2016. Stockholm, Sweden)
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference 2016 (25.10.2016 – 28.10.2016 . California, United States)
- 30th AAOU Conference (26.10.2016 – 29.10.2016. Manila, Philippines)
- 2016 ICDE Presidents’ Summit (20.11.2016 – 23.11.2016, Sydney, Australia)
Members who wish to feature their news, events and projects, please email email@example.com with the subject header ‘NEWS’.
International Council For Open And Distance Education
International Council For Open And Distance Education • Lilleakerveien 23, Oslo, 0283, Norway •+4722062632