Today begins week three of my EDTECH597 – Blogging in the Classroom (see EDTECH597 – Blogging In The Classroom). The students this week have a series of tasks to complete by the end of the week (i.e., midnight on Sunday).
- to create a “disclosure” page on their blogs
- to consider issues surrounding copyright with materials they use on their blog
- draft a letter to a school or school district personnel to get permission to engage in classroom blogging or have their students engage in classroom blogging (including making a case for unblocking the blogging website)
The readings for the students this week include:
- O’Donnell, M. (2006). Blogging as pedagogic practice: Artefact and ecology. Asia Pacific Media Educator, 17(1), 15-19.
- Lamshed, R., Berry, M. & Armstrong, L. (2002). Blogs: Personal e-learning spaces. Australia: Binary Blue. Retrieved from http://www.binaryblue.com.au/docs/blogs.pdf
Tomorrow I will be posting a reflection on updating my own disclosure page.