From the inbox in the past 24 hours…
GCSN Newsletter – 4 February 2013
Welcome back to 2013!!
This promises to be an exciting year with plenty of action on the ICT front.
The first news is that GCSN has won further funding from the Ministry of Education to continue its work for a further six months. GCSN will continue to work with schools in ICT development in the areas of learning and teaching, infrastructure and services. All GCSN schools can expect to hear from us directly in the near future.
- Margot McKeegan has taken up a position at Core Education as part of the Blended E-Learning (BEL) team. The good news is that Margot will still be working on key GCSN projects in a part-time capacity for GCSN – providing professional development in the area of learning and teaching. We are delighted that we have been able to maintain this contact with Margot.
- We wish Coralie Stopforth all the very best as she takes up her new position of Director of e-Learning at Epsom Girls’ Grammar School
We will let you know in the next few days about the administrative modifications we need to make as a result of these staffing changes.
Bulk purchasing for IPADs, netbooks and android tablets will continue through 2013. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
GCSN on Twitter
Just a reminder that we are now regularly using Twitter to keep the community up to date with developments as they happen.
You can follow us on twitter @GCSN_NZ or view our profile at http://twitter.com/GCSN_NZ.
Future directions for ICT development
- Make sure you read the parliamentary select committee report on Inquiry into 21st Century Learning on the GCSN website.
- The GCSN website also refers to a recent book by Cathy Wylie which contains a number of stimulating ideas about what the future in education could look like.
- Inspirational speaker Kevin Honeycutt will be coming to Christchurch in early March – watch the GCSN calendar for booking details
- EDUIGNITE EVENING – Ignite presenters share their personal and professional passions, using 20 slides that auto-advance every 15 seconds for a total of just five minutes. Come hear some amazing and inspiring presenters .Tuesday 16th April at Riccarton Library booking info link