Also from Tuesday’s inbox…
Join us for one or both of our upcoming November webinars… Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
THE VHS COLLABORATIVE WEBINAR SERIES PRESENTS:“Mentoring Teachers & Faculty Advising in an Online Environment”
Join us on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 for this Free Webinar.
Teacher training, mentoring, and evaluation are critical aspects of any online classroom. Studies show that students enrolled in online classes benefit greatly from high-quality onlineteachers who are prepared. Students in online classes with prepared teachers said their instructor:
- Explained assignments, projects, and grading standards clearly
- Offered timely and constructive feedback for assignments and projects
- Provided concise guidelines about how to engage group discussions
- Promoted effective group discussions by answering questions within 24 hours
This webinar will explore how to:
- Prepare teachers for online instruction
- Develop teacher training and evaluation procedures in any online program
- Recruit highly skilled and experienced faculty advisors
- Mentor and support teachers using an interactive delivery model
- Improve instructional quality by offering 21st century professional development
THE VHS COLLABORATIVE WEBINAR SERIES PRESENTS:
Part 2 of our STEM Series:“Engaging Students in Science Using Open Educational Resources (OERs)”
Join us on Thursday, November 29, 2012 for this Free Webinar.
Increasing students’ interest in science related college majors and careers must begin in high school or even earlier. One approach is to use Open Educational Resources (OERs). As the movement toward releasing resources into the public domain continues to grow, each year brings a wealth of new opportunities to engage students in science through various forms of digital content. OERs:
- Address multiple learning styles
- Can be used to introduce or reinforce concepts
- Help make content meaningful, and connect students to the greater scientific community.
In this webinar we will:
- Share 2012’s Top 10 Science OERs
- Discuss methods to integrate these digital resources into the classroom
- Explore ways in which OERs can add new depth, dimension, and excitement to the classroom through a variety of digital media.
Copyright © 2012 The VHS Collaborative
All rights reserved.
We provide you with periodic news, events and promotions about online courses and 21st century teaching. If you wish to be removed from our list, please Unsubscribe below.
Our mailing address is:
The VHS Collaborative4 Clock Tower Place
Maynard, MA 01754