Yet another item from Tuesday’s inbox…
Having trouble viewing this email? Click here
Join us in beautiful
The Summit will be held at the Embassy Suites in downtown Denver. Nearby attractions include award-winning theater and music, world-class museums, and top-rated restaurants, all set against a backdrop of the spectacular Rocky Mountains, with multiple ski resorts just a short day-trip away.
For more information on what Denver has to offer, visit Denver.org
Summit for Innovative EducationFebruary 4-5, 2013
Using the world’s best ideas on innovation and reliability to boost student success.
Join other high-level, leading-edge educators, business leaders, and policymakers at McREL’s National Summit for Innovative Education to:
- Explore the remarkably consistent pathways top-performing systems follow to progress from developing to good, good to great, and great to excellent.
- Learn practical, how-to strategies for raising student performance, wherever your schools or districts are on the improvement pathway. Hear real-life stories of other districts and systems that laid critical foundations in curriculum, instruction, and student supports-and built upon those foundations to deliver world-class results.
- Discover strategies for moving schools or districts to the cutting edge of innovation while maintaining reliability. Learn a simple, short-cycle innovation process that cutting-edge organizations in many industries-from healthcare to information technologies-use to build on what works.
Presenting at the Summit:
- Dr. Eric Hanushek, economist, education analyst, and senior fellow at the Hoover Institution of Stanford University, whose research comparing U.S. and international student performance data was featured in the 2010 documentary film Waiting for Superman
- Dr. Yong Zhao, presidential chair and associate dean for Global and Online Education at the University of Oregon’s College of Education, and author of Catching Up or Leading the Way: American Education in the Age of Globalization (2009) and World Class Learners: Educating Creative and Entrepreneurial Students (2012).
- Dr. Gerrita Postlewait, consultant for the Council of Chief State School Officers, immediate past chair of the South Carolina Board of Education, 2006 South Carolina Superintendent of the Year, and member of the Governor’s Council for Economic Competitiveness.
- Jim Kohlmoos, chief executive officer of the National Association of State Boards of Education
- Dr. Tom Bellamy, professor of education at the University of Washington-Bothell, and the founding director of the Goodlad Institute for Educational Renewal
- Dr. Bryan Setser, partner at the education design lab 2Revolutions, and former chief executive officer of the North Carolina Virtual Public School.
- Ken DeLay, executive director of the Colorado Association of School Boards
- Dr. Jason Glass, director of the Iowa Department of Education
- Alicia Grunow and Penny Carver, senior managing partner and senior fellow at The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
- Dr. Tim Waters, chief executive officer at McREL, and co-author of the research-based books District Leadership that Works, School Leadership that Works, and The Balanced Leadership Framework.
For more information or to register:
Free Changing Schools Magazine
Sign up to receive this free resource, containing:
- Interviews from educators in the field about their work
- Reports on what current research has to say about hot
- Answers to the questions educators are asking