Now I wouldn’t normally post something like this, but this is literally the first position in higher education that I have seen that specifically advertizes for a K-12 online learning related background.
May 19, 2009 – Visiting Assistant Professor in K-12 Online Teaching & Learning
The Department of Educational Technology at Boise State University, http://edtech.boisestate.edu , is seeking a Visiting Assistant Professor in K12 Online Teaching & Learning starting August 2009. As a national leader in this field, we are expanding our team of faculty and researchers, and invite qualified applicants to contact us immediately. Position is open until filled, and can be distance-based. We anticipate an additional tenure-track (campus-based) opening this fall, and the person hired in the Visiting line would be welcome to apply.
Details of position:
- 9 month temporary position, August 2009-May 2010, high possibility of ongoing renewal
- Distance or campus-based in Boise, Idaho
- Teaching: Teach three online graduate courses per semester, emphasizing K12 online teaching, and technology integration in blended learning environments.
- Research: Present at two national/international conferences per year, submit one article for publication in peer-reviewed journal. Researchers with ongoing grant funding will be considered, with option to reduce required teaching load.
- Service: Attend department meetings on Tuesdays, 9-11 AM MT (virtual ok if distance-based. Fly to Boise for one week at the start of each semester). No additional service requirements.
- Salary: $49,000 for 9 month contract, additional salary available for summer teaching; $3,000 research support. Excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life/LTD insurance, retirement plan, reduced tuition benefits, as well as other benefits.
Minimum requirements of position:
- EdD or PhD in Educational Technology, Instructional Technology or related field.
- Teaching credential (any K12 subject or specialization)
- Experience in K12 online and/or blended education
- Experience in teacher education
- Experience teaching online in higher education
- Experience with design of online course content
- Active with iNACOL
Interested applications should submit digital application materials to email@example.com:
- 1-2 page letter of introduction explaining how you meet the requirements
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness (course evaluations)
- URL to online portfolio or blog (if available), demonstrating examples of course design, sample publications, etc.
- Contact information for three references (phone and email)
Boise State University is strongly committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The University actively encourages applications and nominations of women, persons of color, and members of other underrepresented groups. EEO/AA Employer, Veterans Preference.
——————–Lisa Dawley, Ph.D.
Professor & Chair
Dept. of Educational Technology
Boise State University