From the inbox overnight…
Having problems in reading this e-mail? Click here
EDEN Conference News
Call for Contributions: 8th EDEN Research Workshop (EDENRW8)
27-28 October 2014, Oxford
Challenges for research into Open & Distance Learning:
Doing Things Better: Doing Better Things
The session formats will promote collaboration opportunities, including: Parallel ‘Research-speed-dating’ papers, team symposia sessions, workshops and demonstrations.
Submission deadline: 1 September
Submissions will be double peer reviewed by the Conference Committee. Accepted contributions will be published in the electronic Conference Proceedings with ISBN and their summary in the printed Book of Abstracts. The selected best papers will be invited to be published in a joint special issue of the European Journal of Open, Distance and E-Learning (EURODL) and Open Learning.
- Sian Bayne, Digital Education, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Cristobal Cobo, Research Fellow, Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, UK
- Pierre Dillenbourg, CHILI Lab, EPFL Center for Digital Education, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Allison Littlejohn, Director, Caledonian Academy, Glasgow Caledonian University, Chair in Learning Technology, UK
- Philipp Schmidt, Executive Director, Peer 2 Peer University / MIT Media Lab fellow, USA
- Willem van Valkenburg, Coordinator Delft Open Education Team, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
In collaboration with
founding member of EDEN
Reflections: the 2014 Annual Conference in Zagreb
We thank the keynotes, the speakers and all delegates for joining the EDEN 2014 Annual Conference, for their inputs and contribution to the achievements and nice atmosphere of the event. The Conference gathered 320 delegates from 40 countries, with over 170 presentations with rich content and networking.
This year’s EDEN Fellow Awards were announced at the Welcome Reception. The Award in 2014 goes to:
- Sandra Kucina, University of Zagreb, University Computing Centre, Croatia
- Ebba Ossianilsson, Lund University, Sweden
- Marci Powell, Polycom, USA
Best Research Paper Award:
Digital Storytelling as a Reflective Practice Tool in a Community of Professionals
Corrado Petrucco, University of Padua, Italy
We thank the University of Zagreb, University Computing Centre – SRCE for their excellent collaboration.
In collaboration with
EDEN Fellows in 2014
Like us on
Follow us on
EDEN-News mailing list