Another item from Wednesday’s inbox…
Having problems in reading this e-mail? Click here
Projects, practices, showcases
LeHo Focus Group – Call for participation
The international network for the Home and Hospital Education through ICT
LeHo project partners are organizing Focus Group sessions with medical staff, hospital and home tuition teachers aimed at:
- outlining the key educational factors for children who are unable to attend school due to health related issues;
- exploring ICT-based solutions designed to help enable these children improve their access to education.
Contact details for the following network country Focus Groups are as follows:
- United Kingdom: George Sfougaras, Children’s Hospital School, Leicester
- Belgium: Eva Germeys, Bednet
- Germany: Alto Merkt, Staatliche Schule für Kranke München
- Italy: Michele Capurso, University of Perugia (Call is closed)
- Spain: Jordi Gasset, FUNDITEC
- Egypt: Ahmad Samir, Children’s Cancer Hospital 57357
Focus groups will occur April-May 2014. The final date will be set by each network partner.
For more information about Focus Group sessions and LeHo please visit our website: http://www.lehoproject.eu
Improve employability and enhance European competitiveness through the acquisition of language and cultural competences in Portuguese
EMPORT is soon launching a Portuguese language course that is based on research results of available multimedia language courses and the needs analysis of small and medium enterprises dealing with Portuguese speaking countries. For details about the background, results, related events, and the course, read the EMPORT e-bulletins (also available in PT) or visit the EMPORT website.
VISIR keeps stakeholders alert: e-Learning micro-innovation matters!
The VISIR partners believe that successful mainstreaming of ICT-enhanced and of Open Education strongly depends on uptake of grassroots practices. Innovators, experts and stakeholders gathered together in the Committee of the Regions, Brussels, on 25-26 March in Brussels to reflect upon a way forward in order to make education systems more receptive towards grassroots innovation. Barriers and success factors for the transformation of new ideas into mainstream practices – based on the results of the 3rd VISIR Consultations – were discussed and strategies that can facilitate scalability of innovation were proposed.
Learning Analytics Data Sharing – i-KNOW14 Workshop
During the i-Know conference co-located with EC-TEL in Graz, Austria, September 2014 the LACE project is organizing a workshop on Learning Analytics Date Sharing. Submissions should address at least one of the following aspects, as applied to data sharing for learning analytics or educational data mining:
- Scope – what kind of data is it most beneficial to share?
- Technical architectures for data sharing
- Interoperability and standards
- Ethical aspects of data sharing
- Sustainability of collaborative initiatives or shared infrastructure
- Business models for data-driven services
More information: http://www.laceproject.eu/iknow14
Piloting of the STAY IN e-Guidance Platform
STAY IN has developed and is currently testing an open-source web-based platform to help students to avoid drop out. The platform does not only aim to give students support to find information tackle practical problems, but also to provide real counselling service. The STAY IN platform is available for piloting since the 1st February in three piloting countries – Italy, Hungary and Spain. More details about STAY IN are available on the website.
For more information about the projects EDEN is involved in, please visit the EDEN website.
Like us on
Follow us on