From Thursday’s inbox…
Increase your confidence and know-how in online education
Get the greatest return for your professional development investment
For 30 years the UW‑Madison Conference on Distance Teaching & Learning has convened the most respected experts in the fields of distance and online education. Interact with and learn from those who know—for significantly less cost than similar conferences.
Dr Jane Bozarth—Using Social Media for Learning
Internationally known trainer, speaker, and author of several eLearning books, including Social Media for Trainers, Jane Bozarth has been an education and training researcher and practitioner for over 20 years. Dr Bozarth will show how to use blogs, wikis, Facebook, Twitter, and online groups to help facilitate communication, increase participation, support engagement, and enhance transfer of new learning. Plan to walk away with some great ideas for applying collaboration strategies to your course designs.
- Curt Bonk (Indiana Univ.) Open education
- Darcy Hardy (Blackboard) Present and future trends in online education
- Tom Kuhlmann (Articulate Global) eLearning tips and tricks with PowerPoint
- Jack Phillips (ROI Institute) Measuring return on investment with instructional technology
- Rena Palloff (Fielding Graduate Univ.) Designing blended and flipped classrooms
- John Orlando (Northcentral Univ.) Designing interactive online learning modules
- Michael Simonson (Nova Southeastern Univ.) Applying research to practice in distance learning
Register by July 22, save $50! And don’t forget to take advantage of over a dozen stellar preconference workshops!
Who: Professionals in distance education/training with any level of experience
When: T-Th, Aug 12-14
Where: Monona Terrace Convention Center, Madison, WI
Cost: $490 ($540 after July 22). Group and student rates, virtual option available. Optional Tuesday workshops are an additional fee (space is limited).
Contact Kimary Peterson (conference manager)
This event organized and sponsored by
UW-Madison Continuing Studies Distance Education Professional Development
This message was sent to firstname.lastname@example.org from:
UW-Madison Distance Ed Professional Development | email@example.com | UW-Madison Continuing Studies | 21 N Park St | Madison, WI 53715