So as the day draws to a close, here is one neo-liberal groups asking if they’ll see you at this neo-liberal event… And people wonder why there is a crisis in American public education?!? All you have to do is look at the slogan for the event, “The Numbers Add Up” – they certainly do for the profiteers and their buddies that are behind all of this !!!
Each year, our friends at the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools host the National Charter Schools Conference, bringing together more than 4,000 charter school professionals and education reform/school choice advocates to discuss the critical issues facing the charter school movement and to get inspired to continue the work to ensure all children have access to a great school.
This year’s conference will feature some terrific policy, advocacy, and communications sessions that everyone in the education reform community should attend:
- Mayors from major U.S. cities will be on hand to talk about their growing role in education reform.
- Governors and Members of Congress will tell us what really motivates them to act and how we can best communicate with them on policy issues.
- Attendees will hear from the New York City organization whose work forced Mayor de Blasio to reverse course after he shut down some of the top performing charter schools in the City. They will tell us what they did, how they did it, and what they would have done differently.
- Attendees will learn the most effective messaging for school choice.
- Participants will talk about “Blue State Strategies” for increasing support for charter schools and other school reforms in blue states.
The National Charter Schools Conference is June 30-July 2, 2014 in Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Convention Center, located in the heart of the world-famous Vegas strip.
Can’t make it to the Conference and want to show your support for charter schools? Join @ExcelinEd in celebrating National Public Charter Schools Week happening now on Twitter!
The Foundation for Excellence in Education is igniting a movement of reform, state by state, to transform education for the 21st century economy by working with lawmakers, policymakers, educators and parents to advance education reform across America. Learn more at www.ExcelinEd.org.
P.O. Box 10691
Tallahassee, Florida 32302-2691
Excellence in Education
Copyright © 2010-2014