Also from Wednesday’s inbox…
Having trouble reading this email? View the Web version here.
Thanks again for subscribing to our Educator eBulletin.
Here’s the latest for November 2013:
Collaborate Training Videos We’ve published two sets of Collaborate training sessions to YouTube.Each 2-hour session has been broken down into bite-size segments so it’s easy to find just the instruction you need for Blackboard Collaborate Essential training, or Beyond the Basics.
Plus, you can watch from virtually anywhere on any device that supports YouTube playback, and can have the video open while you follow along in your own Collaborate session.
- Essentials – 1 Intro
- Essentials – 2 Participant & Moderator Interface Overview
- Essentials – 3 Whiteboard Tools
- Essentials – 4 Audio Video Chat
- Essentials – 5 Permissions
- Essentials – 6 Status Indicators & Polling
- Essentials – 7 Loading & Saving Whiteboard Content
- Essentials – 8 Navigating & Managing Whiteboard Pages
- Essentials – 9 Recording & Reference Materials
2014 DL Spring Conference The 2014 Digital Learning (DL) Spring Conference will be held April 6th, 7th & 8th, 2014 at the Coast Plaza at Stanley Park, Vancouver BC.This year’s theme: Embracing Flexible Learning
The April 6-8th, 2014 Digital Learning Conference features:
- Keynote presentations from thought leaders in BC and internationally!
- Panel presentation on current issues in DL!
- Concurrent sessions on emerging trends in flexible and online learning!
- Networking throughout the event!
Registration is open now. Visit the Conference Page for details.
Questions? Let the organizers know! email@example.com
Text2Reader November Edition This November, Text2Reader unearths some concerning truths about the impact humans have on our natural environment.
Both our fiction and nonfiction passages introduce students to the relationship between corporate petroleum interests and developing nations.
Students will critically examine ads from petroleum producers. And they’ll flex their writing muscles by writing both a protest chant and a persuasive paragraph.
Our graphic text introduces artist Emily Carr and encourages students to reflect on the changes that have occurred to our Earth since Carr’s time.
In Digital Nation we throw the curtains wide open on electronics waste. We look who is creating it, where it goes when it leaves the average North American household and who cleans up the mess.
New DPA Tutorial Videos for Educators Last month we published three new DPA tutorial videos for Educators:
- Requesting DPA Admin Access,
- Navigating the Student List Screen, and
- DPA Reports.
CEET Meets Upcoming CEET Meets:Nov 29th to Dec 4th:
Moodle 2.5: What’s New
In this online workshop, you’ll discover and explore the new features of Moodle™ 2.5. Reward your learners with customized badges which connect to the Mozilla backpack; set up activities twice as fast with simplified forms that only display what you need to use; support essay writers with templates you design; display folders of resources in a much more user-friendly way; see how Moodle adapts to mobiles and tablets; and learn how administrators can install extra add-ons from within the site itself.
Jan 17th to Jan 21st:
Social Media and Personalized Learning
In this session, we will discuss the movement toward personalized learning and how educational technology can play an important role in supporting it. We will focus on social media for connected learning, openness in education, and changing ideas around access to education..
Click here to register
- Don’t forget, if you don’t have a LearnNowBC account, you can get one free right here.
- The DPA Tracker Educator Module helps you track your students’ DPA Logs.
- Browse through the Learning Resource Repository for free Learning Objects to use in the classroom.
The LearnNowBC Team
© 2012 SD73BC. www.LearnNowBC.ca | Support