So I have been working with this group that will be designing a series of MOOCs for the Expo2015 that is being held in Milano, Italty this coming year. I wanted to pass on this information for any teachers out there that may be interested in participating.
We are happy to announce you that we are now launching PoliCulturaEXPOMilano2015, the world competition on DST: www.policulturaexpo.it/world.
All the activities for the schools will start in the second semester (school year 2014-15) for the Northern Hemisphereand in the first semester (school year 2015-16) for the Southern Hemisphere.
Now we have a BIG CHALLENGE : recruiting schools and teachers. There are three big motivations that can attract teachers:
- issues are really of planetary relevance (and very good for pedagogy)
- this is a world education experience: world communities of teachers, world-shared resources, world-shared content…
- there is high visibility of the output (in the initiative website, at the universal exposition’s premises…)
We try to help with 300 pages of reading material (created on purpose), 3 MOOCs (on Digital storytelling, on the Expo2015’s topics and on how to create a narrative on the EXPO theme) and more than 1,000 educational “tips” on activities revolving around the exposition’s themes.
You can help us in 3 ways:
- forwarding the attached kit to teachers, associations, principals, district, school authorities, parents, friends and whomever you think may be of help
- putting us in contact with these people
- pointing at websites or blogs that may cooperate with us (i.e. that are read by teachers in your country or worldwide)
We have an ambitious target of 1,000 narratives, and we are fighting for it.
You can find additional information in the attached kit and/or in the website. You did not do it yet, please send us your selfie for support (look at our homepage).
Certain that we may count on your support, I remain sincerely yours
Nicoletta Di Blas
Department of Electronics, Information and Bioengineering
Politecnico di Milano
Via Ponzio 34/5 – 20133 Milano
Tel. +39 02 23993520 Fax. +39 02 23993411
http://hoc.elet.polimi.it/ – email@example.com