From the inbox on Monday…
New from edWeb and Britannica Digital Learning. View as a web page.
Sara Torpey manages the Curriculum Specialist team at Britannica Digital Learning. She travels throughout the country to introduce the company’s resources to schools and libraries, with a special focus on the products’ curriculum applications to the Common Core and state standards. She is well-versed on the topics of digital literacy and digital citizenship, and has a strong interest in strengthening the collaboration between classroom teachers and school librarians. Before joining Britannica, Sara spent ten years as a middle school math and science teacher, elementary and middle school math coach, and part-time lecturer in mathematics at the collegiate level.
Free Webinar Picture This:
Engaging Students with Online ImagesPresented by Sara Torpey, Manager, Curriculum Specialists, at Britannica Digital Learning
Monday, Nov. 3 at 4pm ET
How can images you find online be used with students to spark curiosity and learning? In our community’s first webinar, Britannica Digital Learning’s Sara Torpey will explore ways that you can engage your students with online images. Classroom teachers and school librarians – experienced and novice alike – will benefit as we discuss ways to put photographs, illustrations, maps, diagrams, and other educational images to work, increasing the rigor and demand of Common Core-aligned lessons and activities at all grade levels.
Topics we will cover include:
- Where and why images fit in curriculum standards
- How to use images, such as photographs, illustrations, and maps, as discussion prompts, visual cues, and do now/thinking starters
- How and why the same image can serve purposes in different subjects and grade levels
- How to craft queries for abstract versus concrete images, and how these images can be used
Sara also will field your questions during this interactive session. Join us on November 3rd to learn new ways to engage your students with online images!
A Free Professional Learning Community
Ignite Digital Learning
Ignite Digital Learning is a free professional learning community (PLC) where educators, librarians, and administrators can explore strategies and tactics for getting every child to be a better thinker, better reader, and better writer through the use of digital resources. Together, we can transform learning to reach every student’s true potential.
Our community offers educators a place to post questions, start discussions, share practical tips, and get feedback from experts and peers on ways to jump-start curiosity and critical thinking, celebrate independent discovery, and help every student collaborate, communicate, and achieve.
We’ll present free webinars as an opportunity for all of us to come together to work on topics such as:
- How to prepare students with the skills they’ll need for the world they’ll shape
- Real-world applications that make learning relevant and enjoyable
- Differentiating digital content and strategies to reach all students wherever learning takes them
- The value of digital resources for supporting curriculum standards, increasing student engagement, and strengthening existing classroom and library materials
- Involving parents and family members in digital discoveries
As a member of the community, you’ll receive…
- Invitations to free webinars and live chats.
- A CE certificate for attending/viewing our webinars.
- Access to all of the recorded webinars, presentations, resources, and online discussions.
Many thanks to our sponsor
edWeb.net is a free professional learning and social network that makes it easy for teachers and all educators to connect and collaborate with peers, share information and best practices, and spread innovative ideas to improve teaching and learning.
714 Executive Drive | Princeton, NJ 08540
© 2014 edWeb, LLC
Forward email This email was sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by email@example.com |
edWeb.net | 714 Executive Drive | Princeton | NJ | 08540