So this has been a busy week last week for K12, Inc.. On Wednesday I received a message about LRN: Notable Earnings Before Thursday’s Open. On Thursday I received a message about Breaking: LRN Earnings. A few hours later on Thursday, this came through my inbox.
K12 Inc. Discusses Q4 2013 Results (Webcast) by SA Transcripts
This article was published at 8:25am ET on 29 August 2013.
After a few morning meetings, I got an alert from Yahoo about the significant increase in the company’s stock price (see graphic below).
Click on the image or visit http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=LRN
Shortly after noon on Thursday, this came through my inbox.
Midday top 10 gainers / Losers • 12:45 PM
- Midday top 10 gainers: MEI +33%. PRCP +25%. EGAN +18%. DGLY +18%. ACST +14%. GES +12%. LRN +12%. CPRX +11%. REDF +11%. MUX +11%.
- Midday top 10 Losers: TFM -10%. GCO -9%. CVV -8%. MY -8%. SBLK -8%. AEHR -7%. DHRM -7%. MTEX -7%. CIMT -7%. VSCP -6%.
LRN price at time of publication: $35.19. Check LRN price now »
By mid-afternoon I received a note indicating…
K12 Management Discusses Q4 2013 Results – Earnings Call Transcript
This article was published at 2:00pm ET on 29 August 2013.
The stock closed Thursday at $35.55.
Shortly after lunch on Friday, SeekingAlpha sent out this note.
K12 ticks up on Stifel PT hike • 1:03 PM
- Shares of K12 (LRN +1.5%) tick up after Stifel hikes its PT to $39 from $33 and maintains a Buy rating.
- Stifel cited strong Q4 results, an encouraging growth pipeline, and the opportunity for margin expansion.
- However, the firm called LRN’s 11.2% jump yesterday an “outsized positive reaction,” and is removing the stock from Stifel’s Select List.
LRN price at time of publication: $36.08. Check LRN price now »
Focus Articles on LRN
- K12 Inc.: School Might Be Out Of Session, This Is Why We’re Short by Shortzilla
- K12 Inc.: The Skirmish In Seminole County And The Desperate Race by Roddy Boyd
- K12 Manifesting Its Corporate Destiny by Roddy Boyd
Press Releases on LRN
- K12 Inc. Reports Full Fiscal Year 2013 Financial Results (Business Wire)
- K12 Inc. Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Earnings Conference Call Details (Business Wire)
- K12 Inc. Reports Third Quarter Fiscal 2013 Results and Updates Fiscal Year 2013 Guidance (Business Wire)
Related Articles on LRN
- High Beta Is Doing Well, But Special Situations Are Doing Better by Villi Grdovich
- 17 Stocks In The Battle Zone — Insiders Vs. Short Sellers by John Connors
- What Does The U.S. Trade Deficit Have To Do With Chinese Education? by Alberto Savrieno
Transcripts on LRN
In case you were wondering, the company ended the week at $36.31, after starting the week at $31.43. Public education is good business!!!