This is a thematic list entry that lists the various research into student performance in full-time K-12 online learning (most often in the form of cyber charter schooling).
- Colorado Department of Education. (2006). Report of the State Auditor: Online education. Denver, CO: Author. Retrieved from http://www.cde.state.co.us/onlinelearning/download/2006%20Report%20of%20the%20State%20Auditor.pdf
- Center for Research on Education Outcomes. (2011). Charter school performance in Pennsylvania. Stanford, CA: Author. Retrieved from http://credo.stanford.edu/reports/PA%20State%20Report_20110404_FINAL.pdf
- Center for Research on Education Outcomes. (2013). National charter school study 2013. Stanford, CA: Author. Retrieved from http://credo.stanford.edu/documents/NCSS%202013%20Final%20Draft.pdf
- Hubbard, B., & Mitchell, N. (2011). Online K-12 schools failing students but keeping tax dollars. iNews Network. Retrieved from http://virtualschooling.wordpress.com/2011/12/20/investigating-cyber-charter-schools-colorado-edition/
- Innovation Ohio. (2011). Ohio e-schools: Funding failure; Coddling contributors. Columbus, OH: Author. Retrieved from http://innovationohio.org/2011/05/12/ohio-e-schools-funding-failure-coddling-contributors-2/
- Joint Legislative Audit Committee. (2010). An evaluation: Virtual charter schools. Madison, WI: Legislative Audit Bureau. Retrieved from http://legis.wisconsin.gov/lab/reports/10-3full.pdf
- Lueken, M., & Ritter. G. (2012). Internal evaluation of the Arkansas Virtual Academy school. Fayetteville, AR: University of Arkansas. Retrieved from http://web.archive.org/web/20120921113550/http://www.k12.com/sites/default/files/pdf/school-docs/ARVA-2012-UArk-Evaluation.pdf
- Miron, G., & Urschel, J. (2012). Understanding and improving full-time virtual schools. Denver, CO: National Education Policy Center. Retrieved from http://nepc.colorado.edu/publication/understanding-improving-virtual
- Office of the Legislative Auditor. (2011). K-12 online learning. St. Paul, MN: Author. Retrieved from http://www.auditor.leg.state.mn.us/ped/2011/k12oll.htm
- Ohio Alliance for Public Charter Schools. (2009). E-schools show superior results: Analysis of state value-added data confirms e-schools students’ progress. Columbus, OH: Author. Retrieved from http://www.oapcs.org/files/EschoolStudy_final6-24-09.pdf
- Ryman, A., & Kossan, P. (2011). The race to online. Arizona experiments with virtual K-12 schools: Will they work for your child. azcentral.com. Retrieved from http://www.azcentral.com/news/education/online-school/
- Zimmer, R., Gill, B., Booker, K., Lavertu, S., Sass, T. R., & Witte, J. (2009). Charter schools in eight states effects on achievement, attainment, integration, and competition. Santa Monica, CA: RAND Corporation. Retrieved from http://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/monographs/2009/RAND_MG869.sum.pdf
Note that the vast majority of these citations have found that students in full-time K-12 online learning environments do worse than students in the traditional brick-and-mortar school environment.