This came through my inbox yesterday…
The Power of the Web for Teaching & Learning – Go 1:1 with Google Chromebooks & Apps for Education
Date: Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Time: 4:00pm EST / 1:00pm PST
Duration: 1 hourAttend this webinar
In this webinar, you’ll hear directly from the Tech Integration Coordinator at Richland School District Two in Columbia, South Carolina about how they successfully built and launched a 1TWO1 computing initiative with Google Chromebooks and Apps for Education for their 26,000 students spanning across 18 elementary schools, seven middle schools, five high schools, four magnet centers and two alternative schools. The district wanted to increase student engagement and equip them with technology skills to succeed in the 21st century, knowing that access to technology would enhance creativity, critical thinking, communication and problem solving skills for students and teachers.
In addition, Richland Two made sure to provide teachers with professional development programs to help them understand and learn how to best use and integrate technology into their curriculum. The 1TWO1 implementation has not only changed the figurative learning environment, it has also literally changed the physical setup of the classroom. Since introducing Chromebooks, Richland Two has seen a significant shift to a more collaborative learning and teaching environment.
- Learn about the unique benefits and features of Google Chromebooks for Education
- Hear first hand experience of why the district selected Google Chromebooks and Apps for Education as their best platform for collaborative learning
- Learn how Google Chromebooks, Apps for Education, and other web tools can be used to improve student learning, collaboration, and innovation
- Learn how the school district put the ingredients, like professional development, in place for a successful pilot and then roll out
- Be able to pose their questions to Richland Two and Google
Free Webinar…Register Now!
Space is limited!
Technology Integration Coordinator at Richland School District Two,
Columbia, South Carolina
Attend this webinar and receive a certificate of attendance towards your professional development hours. For more information please email Shana Murik at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are receiving this eMail newsletter at email@example.com as part of a free information service from eSchool News.
Contents Copyright 2013 eSchool News. All rights reserved.