Today begins EDTECH597 – Blogging in the Classroom (see EDTECH597 – Blogging In The Classroom). The students this week have a series of tasks to complete by the end of the week (i.e., midnight on Sunday). The main task is to decide on what blogging platform to use (i.e., Blogger, WordPress, or Edublogs) and then to create a blog. Once the students have created their blog, they should:
- post an introductory entry
- add some blogs to their blogroll
- create an “about me” page
While I have most of these things already in place in my blog, I will be posting a welcome entry by the end of the week. I will also update my blogroll and the About Michael Barbour page.
In case you are wondering, the readings for this week include:
- Weiler, G. (2003). Using weblogs in the classroom. The English Journal, 92(5), 73-75.
- Downes, S. (2004). Educational blogging. EDUCAUSE Review, 39(5). Retrieved from http://www.educause.edu/EDUCAUSE+Review/EDUCAUSEReviewMagazineVolume39/EducationalBlogging/157920
- Bartlett-Bragg, A. (2003). Blogging to learn. The Knowledge Tree, 4. Retrieved from http://knowledgetree.flexiblelearning.net.au/edition04/pdf/Blogging_to_Learn.pdf